Friday, August 22, 2008

Bali Bombers Condemn Indonesian Government as Infidels

Cilacap, Indonesia (ANTARA News) - Two of the three Bali bombers awaiting execution for the attacks that killed over 200 people on Wednesday condemned Indonesian authorities as enemies of Islam.

Convicted terrorists Ali Ghufron and Imam Samudra, who are on death row in an island prison off Central Java, released statements to the media through their lawyers as the government prepared their executions by firing squad.

"Dying as a martyr is my ambition, my dream, and my hope," Ghufron wrote.

"If God wills that I be executed by infidels, including hypocrites and apostates, because I am fighting jihad in the way of God, then that means that my greatest ambition has been achieved."

Samudra, who chose the tourist nightspots targeted in the 2002 blasts on the holiday island of Bali, accused Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and the judiciary of being "forces of Satan."

Read the whole story here

I wouldn't really call the government infidels ..........kafirized hypocrite Muslims would be a more appropriate label because the bombers were acting in accordance to Muhammad's teachings and actions and are being punished by fellow Muslims for harming or killing infidels. That goes against Muhammad's teachings.

Labels: , , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home